Re: LAT wheels

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: LAT wheels
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:45:36 -0400
There are other wheels out there very similar if not the same as the LAT70s
in other sizes.

On Ebay recently there were two wheels claiming to be 15x5.5 (Item number:
2490714896 & went real cheap), I have also seen 14" wheels and some 13"
wheels with a uni-lug pattern on Ebay and other websites.

I used to have a book about Plymouth Barracudas (it went with the car I
sold) and one of the pictures showed a prototype of the first Barracuda with
wheels that looked the same as a LAT70.

Paul

>From: "bob josten" <bobjosten@comcast.net>
>To: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>,   "Tiger List"
><tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
>Subject: Re: LAT wheels
>Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 22:57:11 -0700
>
>Hi Erich,
>
>I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for different sizes. The original LAT70's
>were sand cast, heavy and fairly crude and the newer version is die cast. I
>assume Rick is having someone dust off the die cast tooling and going from
>there.
>To produce all new patterns and tooling for different die cast sizes would
>cost a fortune.
>A few years ago I was having aluminum parts sand cast and when production
>was getting into the high hundreds and low thousands I took a hard look at
>changing over to die casting.
>The price per part with die casting was half that of comparable sand cast
>parts but the tooling cost was shocking. I would guess a large and complex
>part like a wheel would cost a ton.
>regards
>
>Bob

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!