Motor Removal...Mission Accomplished

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Motor Removal...Mission Accomplished
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 15:25:45 -0400
Thanks to all who responded especially Bruce, Mike & Steve.

I pulled my motor on Tuesday evening, it wasnt too bad but it did take me a
while to get my helpers to stop talking about the Speed Channel & historic
racing and lend a hand. I think it will be a bit trickier setting the engine
back in as to minimize the paint damage after everything has be all cleaned
up and repainted, but all in all not too bad.

I did clear up the cause of the fire, one of the oil lines ruptured just
below the fitting on the engine block and sprayed oil all along the driver
side of my car. I assume it saturated the header wrap (which had traces of
oil on it to begin with) and caught fire from there.

I took a few pictures with the engine in (also the interior) and expect to
take a few more this weekend as I sort through the debris so I can walk
around in my garage. The mess is mostly cleaned up and all is not as bad as
it first seemed. Paint and interior is where 90% of the loss is. Fortunately
these are pretty simple cars so I hope to be road-worthy next summer. I am
going for a racer look, minimal interior (seat, dash, roll bar) and maybe
some static cling meatballs and vintage decals on the sides.

I will post a link to pictures later for those of you who want to follow my
progress along.

Thanks again,
Paul