Re: Leather Replacement Seat Covers

To: "Ronak, TP \(Timothy\)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>,
Subject: Re: Leather Replacement Seat Covers
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:20:05 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
To: "Tiger News Group List (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 3:12 PM
Subject: Leather Replacement Seat Covers

> Listers.
>
> Further could those that received covers on the first shipment PLEASE give
> me some feedback or should I assume NO NEWS is GOOD NEWS. I have not yet
> installed a set for myself. I have new foam and clips for mine and hope to
> get a set installed soon but was wondering if anyone else has done theirs
> already.

Oops, I would be one of those inconsiderate recipients of the first batch.
Readers Digest version.  I installed them back in July.  I am very pleased
with them.
This was the first time I installed seat covers in a Tiger. I've done
Mustangs many times, but Tigers are whole different animal.

Long version.
I showed the covers to a friend who does a lot of his own upholstery on
Antique cars (He has a 1906 Buick).  Art was impressed with the quaility of
the leather and the stitching.
I replaced the diaphragm and seat foam.
While I was stretching the bottom on the passenger seat, I managed to break
one of the piping cords on the side of the seat.  I was sweating bullets
until Art was able to give me a new chunk of material and I was able to inch
worm it into the pocket.
After that all went together smoothly.
Boy you sure do sit a lot higher in the car when the diaphragm is in one
piece!

Erich