RE: My Tiger Stretched it's Legs this Weekend

To: "'Jen/Scott'" <jsloan798@earthlink.net>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: My Tiger Stretched it's Legs this Weekend
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:07:03 -0400
Scott
        Great to see you got your Tiger on the road.   Ahhh, the adventures
of Sunbeaming!!

You need to carefully check and inspect the condition of everything in the
front suspension for the shake.   I had to change the bushings in the A-arms
to eliminate the shake in my Tiger, but other components can also contribute
to the shake.

You need to inspect all the hose connections, seals and rubber pieces
associated with the fuel system.

You need to strap the battery down correctly even though the trunk floor
panel will hold it in place.

Always think safety first.

Yes, it gets very hot under the bonnet and Tigers are prone to vapor lock.
What to do?
Make sure your cooling system is working well running at around 180 degrees
and not at 200 degrees.
Pop the hood to let the heat out.

I put a Pertronix ignition unit in and that seemed to help with hot
starting.
Sometimes I have to open the 2bbl all the way to get it to clear and start
when hot.

Ron Fraser