AIR GAP MANIFOLD

To: "'itswonderful@comcast.net'" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Subject: AIR GAP MANIFOLD
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:18:11 -0500
Frank,
I am running the RPM performer and it clears all of the necessary places ...
like the hood. The extra HP gained with the airgap may be due to the
transfer slot machined into the plenum divider just below the carb mounting
flange. Back in the sixties this was the trick to get a little more out of
the old Dual Plane LT1 manifold for Chevy's and it worked well at mid to
upper RPM in equalizing the signal in both banks of the intake runners.
While I never dynoded the old chevy version it was reported that there were
gains of 20HP.
The Air Gap principle is a sound one and if I were to purchase another
manifold I would purchase the Air Gap but I machined the transfer slot into
my RPM Performer and I am very happy with that.

For those that want to run the spacer ... fabricating a lower air cleaner
plate that rests directly flat on top of the carb (Like my Ram Air Box Does)
gives you an additional HALF INCH of extra  hood clearance that would permit
the use of the stock air cleaner lid and a factory replacement K&N filter.
You get this extra clearance by eliminating the half inch stand off that is
on the air cleaner base where it sits on the carb.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager
Akzo Nobel Coatings
23961 Via El Rocio
Mission Viejo, CA   92691
Off: (949) 305-5393
Fx: (425) 955-6268
Cell: (949) 289-3357
email: timothy.ronak@akzonobel.com
VM: (800) 234-6747 ext. 2257#

This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete
and destroy the original message and all copies. You should not copy,
forward and/or disclose this message, in whole or in part, without
permission of the sender.