Re: 5.0 HO

To: Tony Someone <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Subject: Re: 5.0 HO
From: Larry Paulick <lpaulick@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:31:07 -0500
Tony, the 5.0 L is the same on all Ford Co engine, so whoever told you
this is not a reliable source of info.  The Lincoln EFI may, and I say
may fit the Tiger as the hood profile is much lower.  But you will have
to get all and I mean all of the EFI controls, modules, etc. to make it
work, as well as the harness wiring, so be prepared.

The McCloud TO bearing for the clutch works and many who have converted
to a T-5 use this as it is easier than converting a slave clutch cylinder.

As a side note, carb engines still produce more HP and torque in normal
form, and loose only a little in the rest of the range.  Of course they
can be adjusted on a computer, but go to a Hot Rod Mag, and see what the
carb engines are producing v EFI.

A EFI system is $1200-$2300, and that is a lot of dyno time, where real
HP is produced.
 But it's only money.

Larry