Re: WHAT IS LENGTH OF STOCK HARMONIC BALANCER?

To: Amberly Chamberlain <amberlychamberlain@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: WHAT IS LENGTH OF STOCK HARMONIC BALANCER?
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:16:21 -0700
Hi Frank,
I bought and installed a Professional Products balancer for my 5.0
conversion, and it is the right length without any spacers. They have
two versions - one for street applications and an SFI approved one for
high RPM and racing applications. They appear to be well made, with a
nice finish, very clear lettering of the timing marks, and it installed
easily (i.e. no hassles with improper sizing of the snout bore or
keyway). I haven't run the thing yet so I can't tell you about whether
or not it's any good in the long run.

For the other end of the engine I got a RAM aluminum flywheel
(previously owned and installed but apparently unused). It's an SFI
approved flywheel with a cast iron friction surface insert. Again, it
looks very well made but I can't report on its performance just yet. My
5.0 came with a Ford racing clutch disc and pressure plate, so I'm
keeping that for the time being.

Best regards,
Theo Smit