Re: stalling

To: Bill Lawrence <billlawrence@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: stalling
From: craig245 <craig245@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 15:27:25 -0800
Hi Bill,

I had a similar problem. If the engine sits for more than a couple of
weeks the fuel in the carborater can evaporate and leave behind varnish.
It is just luck where the varnish decide to form. In my case it formed
in the idel cuircut of the carb and plugged it up, although it didnt
initially know this. I took it apart, cleaned it all up  and
re-assembled. The problem persisted. After studying the link below I
took off the float bowl, while still attachted to the engine, directed
some carb cleaner into the appropriate jets and then blew it out with
compressed air and verified that they were open. Put it back together
and the problem was solved.

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/TechServ/TechInfo/TI-219.html

Good luck,

Craig Wright