Re: performer rpm vs victor jr

To: z lander <zlander65@yahoo.com>, "Tiger's Den"
Subject: Re: performer rpm vs victor jr
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:21:42 -0800
z lander,

Look at Edelbrock web site for the critical "A"(3.50 in.) and "B" (4.75
in.) dimensions for the Performer 289 , which is a modern version of the
F4B.  If the Victor Jr. has these heights, it will fit. (Victor Jr 302 A
= 5.50 in., B = 5.50 in")

Sounds about 2 in. too high to me, and the others are higher.  Stick
with the Performer 289, which is a fine manifold, and in the correct
application RPM range. The Performer RPM 302 is closer, but still looks
like it will stick the air cleaner through the hood at the sides of the
air cleaner.  Mine is the F4B (like the Performer 289) and fits fine.

The performance RPM range of the other carbs are much too race type
set-up for street use. Note RPM range recommendations by Edelbrock.
Maybe someone else has used this manifold and can speak more directly to it.

See http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/index.html

Steve

--
-----