RE: Joey and Ignition (resend)

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Joey and Ignition (resend)
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:42:48 -0700
I completely agree with the budget thoughts - I just think that there is
enough justification (especially given Joey's earlier question on
improvements) to warrant getting a points replacement module for the
distributor, as well as a new coil, sooner rather than later. A balky set of
points put me by the side of the road in 30 below zero weather, 'way back
when. Also, faulty coils have fooled more than one person on the list in
diagnosing engine problems, and I was trying to suggest ways to eliminate as
much frustration as possible while trying to get things back on the road.

Mark makes a very good point about the brakes - brake rebuild parts are
cheap compared to straightening bodywork, even if you have to pay extra to
get an all-new master cylinder and replace a caliper or two.

Best regards,
Theo Smit