Brakes and things

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brakes and things
From: bmelusky@netscape.net
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:21:29 -0500
If your brake lines are in good shape (not rusty) they will be fine when you
bleed them out.

You will need to take apart the calipers and the wheel cylinders and rebuild
them or replace them too.  It is worth taking them apart to see if they will
take a rebuild.

If your calipers and wheel cylinders are frozen, one of the list members
suggested using a grease gun to force them apart. This works great and it is a
safe way to do it. DON'T USE AIR OR THE PARTS CAN FLY OUT LIKE THEY ARE SHOT
FROM A CANNON!

What you should be doing is checking the Tigers United website and search for
each area you plan to work on and read the threads and suggestions. You will
get a lot of good ideas that people may not have time to write about or think
of at the moment, but this list has a lot of people that have done   it all and
have contributed a lot to the collective knowledge. Steve Laifman has done a
great job assembling information, so make sure you go to the site and search
for brakes or cooling and read some of the great notes.

bob

>well just to let everyone know of  what parts that i have and about my
>budget.
>
>I have (all new) fuel pump, master  cylindar,(brake and clutch), slave, BOSCH
>plantinum plugs, oil filter, brake  pads, and i think thats it. But right now
>i have about 2500. i have been saving  that for about 3 years. And i have had
>my snow and lawn business for 2. So far i  have made 100 bucks off just doing
>leaves and other stuff for 3 houses only. But  it hasnt snowed enough yet
>here in Omaha for me to go out. But i usually make  about 200 bucks every time
>it
>snows. Last year it snowed a ton. And i have  about 7 houses that i do their
>driveway for. So thats my budget for ya. For  those of you who are questioning
>about my budget.
>
>I only need to work on the internal  stuff on my tiger. The exterior is in
>excellent condition. The interior is in  very good shape too. Its all shiny
>and
>clean. I have the black soft top on right  now, but i have a perfect original
>hard top in the basement.
>
>Will i need to change out the brake  lines or clean them or ne thing? I am
>getting a air compressor for xmas. Can i  take 1 end off and then go to the
>other then blow them out? Or can i just bleed  the brakes and change the fluid?

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.