Re: On the Subject of "Joey"

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: On the Subject of "Joey"
From: "stan gorski" <thorlp@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:57:22 -0500
Tigerers,

Youth creates an air of infallibility in all, some are lucky,(I don't mean
fortunate), and some are not.  Whether one drives a SUV or an Kawasaki
Ninja, the vehicle must be prepared to handle all required from it.
Stopping, turning and going, are the order to be followed for success, these
objectives are critical and must be handled with the utmost scrutiny.

On the other hand, no matter how well a car is equipped, or how well it is
maintained, the human factor must be calculated into the equation.  Take no
offense, but good driving habits start from the beginning of ones driving
experience, or inexperience.  We can not remove the youth aspect, it is not
a variable, but the driving experience can be learned from day one.

With owning a classically exciting machine, which responds to the drivers
input, unlike new vehicles with traction control, abs...., the driver
becomes the most important piece of the puzzle.  My suggestion, what I did
for my son on his sixteenth birthday, is driving school.  I don't mean
drivers ed, or racing school, we went Sebring race track, Skip Barbers
school.  Skid pad, emergency breaking, some classroom, and a little
autocross made for one fun and educational day.  The plus of driving dodge
vipers, along with the knowledge gained was a groundwork to build on.  The
cost was high, about $500.00 for the day, but compared to your first years
insurance , it's chicken feed.  I would do it again in a heartbeat.