Stupid (Teen) Moment

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stupid (Teen) Moment
From: Jeff <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 22:55:22 +0000
OK,

since its the time of year for sharing......

I got myself into car trouble first in the classic English small car -
the Mini, proudly owned by my father.

I got in,

locked the doors

engaged a gear

pressed the starter (this was an early one with a real starter button)

........... and lurched forwards out of the driveway skilfully missing
the gates, gate posts and audience with all the control my age and
previous driving experience brought me.

Could I be tempted to stop my first encounter at driving - no way, no
promises threats or visual offerings of Ice cream could sway me from my
quest.

Finally, a spare set of keys were produced and I was assured it was not
a good idea.

Maybe I demonstrated my enthusiasm for cars a little early, I was 4 !

(A true story)

Happy holidays and all the best for the New Year

--
Jeff