Brake Adjustment Question

To: TIGERS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brake Adjustment Question
From: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 13:00:08 -0700
I've adjusted my rear brakes numerous times but would appreciate some
clarification. The shop manual (page 3, Section K) says to screw in the
adjuster until resistance is felt and then unscrew it 2 clicks, at which
point the wheel spins completely free on my car. I've been told by a
couple of Tiger people that I should instead adjust them until I do feel
slight resistance when spinning the rear wheels. This seems to be a bit
of a contradiction. I've set them now so when I spin them there's very
slight resistance and the wheels come to a stop on their own, after
about two spins, meeting a little bit of resistance from the rear shoes.

Thanks!
Steve Sage