Re: Deep-cycle battery question (not necessarily Tiger)

To: TIGEROOTES@aol.com, awtiger@cox.net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Deep-cycle battery question (not necessarily Tiger)
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:32:31 -0500
Given the choice, go with the slowest rate you can.
When charging a battery you are reversing the chemical
process that created the electricity when the sulfuric
acid reacted with the lead plates creating lead sulfate
along with the electricity (I have really simplified
this process).  The recahraging takes the lead out of
the laed sulfate and replates it back.  You want a good
smooth plating which is accomplished with a SLOW charge.
A fast charge with work but may now yield te smooth
replate that will last longer.

This is probably more that anyone would want to know.

When racing most car use motorcycle batteries.  Just
enough juice to start the car and run the race.  Why
carry the dead weight of a larger battery. of course
they aren't running stereos or lights or the trip
computer. its assumed you know where you are on the
course.  Though my 'Off course' performance on auto X's
may indicate I need one.

Dave