Mystery Part from TIger

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Mystery Part from TIger
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 15:56:30 EST
Listers,
I've been meaning to get to this for a few years and finally got around to
it.
When I purchased my Tiger about 15 years ago it came with this part attached.
 Your job will be to figure where you think it was attached and what it was
used for.

The part is welded 2" angle iron, 3/8" thick.  The piece of metal used was
apparently a piece grabbed and put into service because it was at hand...it was
a  used piece of metal.  The welding is definitely not from a factory, but the
quality is such that a fairly experienced backyard welder did the job.
 I have attempted to show the dimensions in the picture that I can send to
you.  The car was purchased from an Englishman "investor."  He owned and stored
it for about 5 years and he said it was previously owed by a young female
secretary who drove it around town and to work. I'm sure it had an owner(s)
before
these two.  My guess is an owner  previous to these two installed the part.
The car was not modified or repaired in any other manner and everything was
very, very original except the carpets and seat covers which had been changed.
The point is, this part was installed for a reason and my guess is someone
probably spent 5-6 building and installing it....so, there had to be a pretty
good reason.
Again, can anyone tell me where I found it on the car and what it might have
been used for?  I do not have a site, so if you would like to see the
pictures, let me know and I will send them as an attachment.  I don't want to
do it 50
times, so give me your email address and when I get a few requests, I will
send them off to a bunch of people,
I've done what I could with my unskilled camera ability, so if I can furnish
any additional info. on the part I will try to do so.
Have at it !
Mark L.