Re: Tiger guys and SAAC guys

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tiger guys and SAAC guys
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 07:56:58 -0800 (PST)
Not having ever lived near other Tiger owners, I've always hung out
with SAAC and Ford performance guys. My observations are:

Tiger guys and Pantera guys are much more alike... and a lot of it has
to due with how the market values the cars. Early Panteras actually
benefit by having had upgrades that were not original to their cars.
Original Mark II Tigers may bring in a premium, but in general, Tiger
values are driven by condition more than originality (assuming it's not
a wild custom). With the growing values I see at the big auctions of
quality "resto-mods", high quality Tigers restomods like those from
Dale A. may very well bring a premium (I hope so for my sake), simply
because the Tiger market values those modifications nearly as much as
originality.

Shelby cars take TOO big a hit on value when they are modified even
slightly (if the original condition is not easily recoverable). As
such, their owners have much more incentive to retain original specs. I
would personally prefer to own a '66 Shelby Clone resto-mod at half the
price (or less) of a real Shelby Mustang in stock condition.

Stephen Waybright