Re: Fw: VIN Data Plate on eBay

To: arado7@sbcglobal.net, "Tiger's Den" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Fw: VIN Data Plate on eBay
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:50:10 -0800
Gary,

I am sure you are correct, and it is legal in some states, but NOT this
one - and many more. (Unless State approved for body repair - in
advance).  Body shops can get this done, but the manufacture of the
blank plates is still forgery, if not copy right infringement.  Of
course there has to be an entity around with those valid copy rights,
and willing to enforce them.  I believe the French company just doesn't
care.  Early laws allowed copy rights to expire. A change occurred, and
was retroactive to earlier copyrights IF the owner asked.

Steve

The only difference is if they find out.

Steve