Re: Tiger sucess?

To: <itswonderful@comcast.net>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Tiger sucess?
From: <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:52:42 -0500
Frank,

  You may be right.  I don't know what the problem was with the Tiger.  It
could be that a car designed for a 1.5 litre engine,( Alpine),  had difficulty
with a 260 cu in.  v8 (Tiger).  I do know the Alpine won two SCCA national
championships and finished  the 1961 Le Mans 24 hour with an Index of  Thermal
Efficiency trophy.   Overall,  that record is impressive.

    Regards,

      Jeff

http://www.racingalpines.org/
Vince Tamburo
Series I Alpine
1960 G-Production National Champ

Don Sesslar (Sports Car Forum)
Dan Carmichael (Sports Car Forum)
Series I Alpine - 1961-63
Series IV Alpine -1964-67
1963 E-Production 1st pl. National points (tie)
1964 F-Production National Champ (Sesslar)
1964 F-Production Division Champ (Carmichael)
1965 F-Production 1st pl. Division points (tie