Re: Headlight ground(brights)

To: Carmods@aol.com
Subject: Re: Headlight ground(brights)
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:29:32 -0800
John,

Having lived in the lower end of Lake County Illinois, (a long stone's
through from the ski Mountains (100 feet tall) in WI, I will testify
that when it warms up (as it occasionally does during the winter) the
salt-ice mix hiding away in the nooks and crannies melts, and the salt
WATER finds it's way any where, and leaves the salt behind on evaporation.

With your "salt dust" example, I would venture a guess that the most
hazardous event was breathing it in.  Same thing happens near our
California beach areas without ever having seen snow or salt spreaders.
Not ALL CA cars are salt free, if they live outside near the shore.  But
this is very expensive land, and the owners do not keep any vehicle long
enough to get in bad shape, just the collectors with the valuable
antiques!  Special formula Bondo to hold the salt in, cover the holes,
sand, and paint over until the car is sold.

Steve

--
-----

Steve Laifman