Miata vs Tiger?

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Miata vs Tiger?
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 13:22:13 -0800
Before I bought the Tiger, we went for a test of the Miata.  Owning
British cars for 45 years, by then, I had a good measure of similarity.

It had the easy handling of the MG-TD, but held the road better.  It had
the wet weather seal of the Porsche coupes, but the top went down, and a
hardtop could be ransomed.  It shifter better than any of the British
cars I have owned in ease and solidity.  It went very well for it's
displacement, and was fun and maneuverable.

I put the sales brochure in the shelf behind the seats.  That filled the
available space.  I opened the trunk to see if a "roll aboard" would fit
for a weekend in Palm Springs or Santa Barbara.  There was no room left
over from the volume the folded car cover demanded, so the luggage had
to stay home.  I needed more than I was wearing, and the better half -
well you know the answer to that.

Looks like it would be great for taking to the supermarket, if you
didn't plan to purchase more than a 6 pack.

Otherwise, it was a great deal of fun, if you can live with the limits.
My Tiger holds a weekends 24" luggage + tools and emergency parts in the
trunk, and additional large space in the rear behind the seats.  Works
well.  I leave the hard top in the hotel room for the weekend.  Great
for a night drive.

First thing, figure out your priorities.  No car will give you everything.

Steve

--
-----

Steve Laifman