Re: Tigers and side pipes

To: Dave Binkley <dbinkley@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Tigers and side pipes
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:21:20 -0800
Dave

It seems to me that side pipes would have to either be below existing
body, which will scrape most anything, or alongside existing body, which
will burn your leg.  It would probably end ahead of the front wheels,
and the exhaust would be mighty close to the rear of the door, and could
find it's way into the passenger compartment.  Getting it out from the
engine compartment, at the starter level, will require below body bends,
or holes to allow the pipes to be alongside existing body.

Cobra had such a set up, and many owners had pads on their legs!  The
Viper and Corvette have perforated chrome shields protecting exhaust
pipe from people.  Check out the pictures on http://www.factoryfive.com/
and see it that look appeals to you.

 I am sure it would be brutish, but at a large personal discomfort cost.

Steve

--
-----

Steve Laifman