CAT club headers....

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: CAT club headers....
From: "Windsor Owens" <wowens@dslextreme.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 07:33:53 -0800
I just put a new set of CAT headers on my car.  I had to dimple in the
headers on ~ 3 different spots just to get them into place, and then dimple
in a couple of other spots to maintain ~ 1/4" min. clearance to the motor
mounts.  Keep in mind that my car has been wrecked in the front before and I
also installed the passenger side header first, which is not the preferred
order of install.  So, it's possible that my particular car and the way I
did the install lead to the need for dimpling.
That being said, I was VERY glad that I didn't opt for ceramic coating on my
headers prior to "fitment".  I would reccomend insuring that they will bolt
in cleanly prior to ceramic coating.  Time consuming I know, but just think
how you'll feel when you swing a hammer down on top of that nice
ceramic-coated pipe....
BTW, I'm very happy with the headers (fitment aside).  Beefy flanges & beefy
tubing wall, they should last a long time.  And Dale's tapered intersection
where they merge looks great.

Windsor