Re: Motor Mods

To: Caseyh4312@aol.com
Subject: Re: Motor Mods
From: Chris Thompson <chris@cthompson.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:16:16 -0500
You e-mailed the whole list from something I sent you privately, Joey,
so everyone is probably a bit confused.

As I said in the e-mail, I wouldn't go with a 4bbl unless it was the
smallest one you could get.  In my experience (don't ask me how I know),
a 465 is too big for a stock 260, and performance suffers.

I recommended to Joey getting the "Performance Tuning the Sunbeam Tiger"
book, but I, too, look forward to hearing what you all recommend for a
staged tuning of a stock Tiger.  We know Steve L will recommend the wide
ratio gears (sorry to pre-empt you Steve ;-), but this is a great chance
for educating an enthusiastic young newbie to our hobby.  Besides, if
you're on the east coast suffering this miserable late winter, what else
you got to do?

Joey - put in an electronic ignition in your stage 1 performance
improvements.  It won't buy you anything vs. perfect points, but how
long do they stay perfect?

I've got my ideas, but what would you recommend next, fellers?

Chris
B382000331