Subject: Hydraulic throwout bearing: Pros and Cons?

To: <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
From: "Doug Leithauser" <dleit@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:03:27 -0500
I had a couple of throw out bearing related clutch failures in the first few
years I had my car, including overextention of the slave cylinder and
premature wear of the throw out bearing or pressure plate fingers  on the
stock clutch.
I have the stock set up that I have modified with an adjustable pushrod and
a return spring on the release bearing arm. I adjust the pushrod to have
minimal freeplay with the slave cylinder bottomed out.
I have had no more overextention of the slave cylinder & no release bearing
failures from constantly running against the pressure plate.

Happy Motoring!

Doug Leithauser

Got Jesus?...Don't leave Earth without Him!