Re: TAC B382000915LRXFE

To: 1939mgtb <1939mgtb@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: TAC B382000915LRXFE
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 18:43:03 -0800
Ray,

You asked for "information to the contrary", and mentioned "manifest". I
do not know what "manifest" means in this context, or what your personal
involvement with this car has been.

The use of "TAC" in this title is incorrect, as this car is not shown as
ever having received a TAC inspection, and received a Certificate.
This, alone, does not indicate it is a conversion, merely not inspected
by a trained team to certify it is a Tiger.

As a matter of fact, however, some things are published about this very
car (B382000915) in "The Book of Norman", page 278-279.

It was listed, at the time of publication, as being the property of
Peter Koopmans, from Newark, CA. It is also stated that it was red,
California License Number 128KPI, and it is listed as an Alpine
Conversion that was previously owned by H. Koopmans.

I have no certain knowledge if ANY of these published accounts are
accurate, just reporting what Norman has noted about the car with this
VIN number.   Please take up any further questions on his report with
Norman.

Steve