Re: Accessing List

To: "'dave@munroe.ca'" <dave@munroe.ca>
Subject: Re: Accessing List
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 02:56:12 -0500
Listers - Dave,
I hate to be the one to dispel myths but my 347 ish engine (really it is
349.6) .030 over with a 3.425 inch stroke lunati crank instead of the 3.4"
crank in the 347 ... do the math.
IT Does not suck a drop of oil. Even on the dyno there was no smoke at all
on or off the throttle.
There is a bit of piston slap when cold but nothing I can't live with until
I build a new engine for more power when this one wears out.
For what it is worth it made 360HP at the wheels with 388lb ft of torque.
This translates with 18% drivetrain losses to 439 HP  and 473 lb.ft. with
full 2" exhaust dynomax quiet mufflers and all of the accessories installed
pumping water through a rad with pump gas. TFS Heads and a RPM performer
intake. Pretty basic stuff.
The cam is the trick flow specialties stage 2 hydraulic roller cam pt number
TFS-51402001 with roller rockers. If you want the exact specs then ...  Cam
timing and specs are as follows with 1.6 ratio rocker:
Intake @ valve .542 lift ,
Exhaust @ valve .563 lift
Advertised duration @ .004 valve lift Intake is 286 degrees and exhaust is
294 degrees.
Cam timing @ .050 for those that care is
Intake opens @ 5.0 Degrees BTDC and closes @ 39.0 degree ABDC ,
Exhaust opens @ 53.0 degrees and closes @ (1.0) (that would be -1) BTDC ,
Max lift Intake @ 107 ATDC Max lift Exhaust 117 BTDC,
Intake duration @ 0.50 is 224 degrees and
Exhaust duration @ .050 is 232 degrees.

Key Point Peak horsepower is around 5400 RPM (you don't scatter engine parts
at that RPM) and peak Torque around 4300 RPM ... 300+ lb. ft from 3000 RPM
to 5400 RPM. It is a real tire smoker.

I can email a scan of the dyno sheet for those who want it.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager
Akzo Nobel Coatings
23961 Via El Rocio
Mission Viejo, CA   92691
Off: (949) 305-5393
Fx: (425) 955-6268
Cell: (949) 289-3357
email: timothy.ronak@akzonobel.com
VM: (800) 234-6747 ext. 2257#

This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete
and destroy the original message and all copies. You should not copy,
forward and/or disclose this message, in whole or in part, without
permission of the sender.