Fuel pump advice

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel pump advice
From: "Dave Binkley" <dbinkley@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:22:35 -0700
Mark, I had the same worry about my fuel pump and sure enough it died on me.
I was two miles from home and some gentle tapping on it got me back to the
garage.  I was able to buy a direct replacement SU model 377-255 locally
from a guy that specializes in Jensens, but he also carries british car
parts.  This pump has the solid state internals.  I think this is the same
as the one Rick sells, but no guarantees on that.  I then took my old dead
fuel pump and sent it off to Dave DuBois for rebuild.  Here is his website:
http://www.custompistols.com/cars/dave/ddsu_fuel_pump_services.htm.  His
e-mail address is on the website.  He converted the old unit to solid state
while rebuilding it. The rebuilt unit now sits in the trunk of my Tiger for
that unexpected day you know will come down the road.  The rebuild wasn't
cheap, but he tests it on a test stand and guarantees his work.  Once you
send him your old one, he'll send you a quote based on what it needs.  It
comes back looking like new.

Dave