RE: Tim's Engine

To: "'Al Johnson'" <twojohnsons@cox.net>,
Subject: RE: Tim's Engine
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:45:59 -0500
Al it could help but I already port matched the intake back 3 inches into
the ports to have the ports line up with the TFS Twisted Wedge heads.
Extrude honing would increase intake runner volume and in my case probably
hurt low end torque by slowing the intake charge velocity (Bigger tube to
flow in) with some upper RPM improvement. My goal was to maximize power
UNDER the 5500-6000 RPM threshold and not to have an engine that I
mercilessly rev and then subsequently grenade.
The idea does have merit though and in applications where you are not able
to mechanically port a runner extrude honing is the ONLY way to go.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager
Akzo Nobel Coatings
23961 Via El Rocio
Mission Viejo, CA   92691
Off: (949) 305-5393
Fx: (425) 955-6268
Cell: (949) 289-3357
email: timothy.ronak@akzonobel.com
VM: (800) 234-6747 ext. 2257#

This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete
and destroy the original message and all copies. You should not copy,
forward and/or disclose this message, in whole or in part, without
permission of the sender.