Re: Sunbeams at Chateau Elan

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sunbeams at Chateau Elan
From: Theodore Brown <tbrown@midcoast.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 22:09:22 -0500
Tigers on every block?  Not around here.  I only know of one other Tiger in
the State of Maine
and that one is off the road (at least temporarily).  A couple of Alpines
listed in the TE/AE
roster (one of which used to belong to me).  Even so, it is remarkable
that, when I take my
car out (on our one day of summer ;>)), so many folks know what it is and I
am often told of the
father, uncle, co-worker, friend, etc, etc that used to own one.  Goes to
show that our cars
are pretty special and worth preserving and passing on, even at the risk of
becoming DPO's.
Most Tigers were sold on the coasts, where furrin cars were more
politically acceptable.
Even though I bought mine in Westchester County, NY, it was still a fairly
rare piece, even
in 1966.
Tod (DPO, DCO, DFO, ESO (exceedingly stubborn owner))
B382002384LRXFE