re: Barret-Jackson Auction this weekend

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Barret-Jackson Auction this weekend
From: mmcbeth@weiramericas.com
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 11:23:33 -0700
"...What is the tonneau cover hiding? I'd love to see this one in
person..."

Holy smokes guys, lets ease up on the scepticism! I'm scared to show any
of you my Tiger now, and I'm only the second owner. The (limited) pictures
available make it look pretty good to me. The seams are a heck of a lot
straighter than mine. There are a number of fakes out there, but lets not
jump to conclusions. If I was cheap and sneaky enough to do a fake, I'm
not sure I'd lavish the money on making a 1965 mark 1 look that good.
While allowing Algers to be sold as Tigers may diminish the value of our
cars, throwing suspicion on every nice looking car that comes up for sale
probably doesn't help either.

Not picking on you in particular Jim, it just seems like lately there is a
spate of this. Maybe it is Spring fever: I haven't driven my car in five
months, and it is getting to me.

Michael

Please note: effective January 1, 2005 Peacock Inc. has changed its name
to Weir Canada Inc. This is a name change only.

Weir Process Equipment
Michael McBeth
Edmonton Outside Sales Supervisor
Phone: (780) 438-2322
Cell (780) 988-8564

TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Sent by: owner-tigers@autox.team.net
04/01/2005 10:07 AM
Please respond to
TIGEROOTES@aol.com

tigers@autox.team.net
cc

Subject
re: Barret-Jackson Auction this weekend

Geez...

With that much money into the "frame-off" restoration, wouldn't you think
there would be side trim and bumperguards?  What is the tonneau cover
hiding?
I'd love to see this one in person...

Jim Leach    Pacific Tiger Club     Seattle