Re: Steering Rack Lubrication

To: tigerlist <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering Rack Lubrication
From: Robert Melusky <tigerknut66@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 06:25:32 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks! that was great! I think I just woke somebody up when I fell out of my
chair with my belly laugh in my hotel in Costa Rica

I'm glad I "injected" some humor into the topic. I didn't intend the "slippery
slope", nor am I advocating that Preparation H be considered as an alternative
to fill the steering rack!

Tiger Tom, who was the go-to guy when it came to rebuilding steering racks told
me never to use grease in the rack. That, the factory spec, and the fact that
the rack is in good shape after almost 40 years is enough for me not to look to
"improve upon" the original factory lubrication specs .

Definitely not--I'd slide out of my chair.

Bob, I just couldn't resist--Best Regards

David Sosna