Re: Authenticity

To: Jeffrey Holt <dadaruso@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Authenticity
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 11:49:47 -0700
Jeff,

Kind of difficult to do that when they are made in separate countries,
at separate times.  There WAS a sticker added on the valve cover with
the engine ID, at time of assembly at JAL, when they really assigned
which available engine went into that car.  So the factory, and it's
assembler (JAL) .  The same number, providing a change was not made by
owners, was also on the VIN plate.

You are making a good, conservative, choice in pursuing an authenticated
car.  A lot of conversions out there,  and you pay the same amount -
which is why they do it.

Steve

--
___