red primer

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: red primer
From: PhastPhill@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:59:27 EDT
Had one of my engine mounts off yesterday to mig up a crack in the inner
frame rail....well front sub or what ever ya want to call it. Noticed the  red
unremovable primer, on the heads of the 3  motor mount bolts that go  through
the frame, none of course on the 2 that go in the block. Must have put  the
mounts on then painted maybe. The healey guys love little detail questions
like
this....good for hours....lol Of course the 3 frame bolts are fine thread  like
the English liked to use in much car stuff, and the bolts to the motor are
course (n c ) thread. Thats an example of where the two countries meet...  at
the engine.
 I need a Panhard rod, anyone have one? if not I think ss does. I  tried to
shift the rear axel just a "smidge" back to the left yesterday but  don't think
I can get the 1/4 '' I need that way. Broke a u bolt as well, so  went and
got 4 new ones made. Parts store did not have the size I needed ,  so I went to
a local spring shop. First thing the young guy said was " is  that from a s-10
?", they have a similar size I guess. Next he said " what is a  Tiger?, never
heard of it"...oh well.
 Last I ordered a couple of u-joints for the steering column, bottom  one was
a bit sloppy, may as well do both. Noticed yesterday on a half  hour blast
around the back country roads by my farm that car has a bit of  vibration in
steering wheel...Ya I "borrowed" a plate off my bug eye, the  insurance is on
the
car. Good to bout 65 a t 70 very noticable,  smooths out at 80. Felt like bad
tie-rod ends so got back and looked it over  somemore....new tie-rod ends and
most of the rest of the front stuff, then felt  the u-joints, think thats is
where it is and the bottom one for sure needs  to be changed. Any tips on
this, don't need to do it fast just avoid probs.  Looks like its worth the time
remove a couple of things. Take the top apart  first then the bottom? Joints
themselves look like a regular change, i'll mark  them before I take they off,
don't know if I need to or not. it does make a diff  on some things....Off to
the ...gay....roge as the folks in the UK  say.....cheers