RE: Heater Control Switch

To: "'FunbeamChuck'" <FunbeamChuck@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Heater Control Switch
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 12:42:56 -0400
Chuck
        There is no way to repair the heater control valve.   The end of the
valve is staked to the body and you have to grind the metal away to get
inside and as far as I know there is no replacement rubber gasket/seal
available on the market.

        I suggest you contact Doug Jennings to see if he has any of the
Honda heater valves available.  Many of us have installed this valve.    I
went through this just before the TE/AE United 24 and had to bypass the
valve and put a clamp on the hose to limit the water flow.   I had to stop a
couple of times on the way home to increase the water flow and the heat
output inside the Tiger

        I bought one of the Honda valves from Doug at the United.   You have
to take it apart some if you want the water lines orientation to be like the
original valve but its not hard to do and the valve works great.

Ron Fraser