Late short shifter input

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Late short shifter input
From: <mjsutter@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 09:25:14 -0700
Listers,

I am 6' 4" whether I'm sitting in the car or standing next to it. 36" inseam,
long legs. There is no way that I can fit into a Tiger with a stock diameter
wheel and a long shifter. There is no place for my right knee in a stock Mk 1A
car. I have a 14" diameter wheel and a stock shifter that's been modified to
be about 1" shorter than a stock "Short Shifter". It works well for me, no
excessive reach for third. When seated in the car, I am so folded up that
discussing ergonomics is futile.

When climbing out of the car at car shows and club meetings I always get
comments, things like, "Do you have another one of those cars for your other
foot?"

MS