Remote Oil Filterology

To: <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Remote Oil Filterology
From: <gharlowe@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 14:36:06 -0400
Remote Oil Filterology: The science of identifying remote oil filters

I was reading the remote oil filter list exchanges carefully, hoping for
some mention of the one that conveyed with my car.  A shorty filter was
installed on my car and the remote oil filter assembly came in an oily
plastic shopping bag.  One of the rigid lines is broken.

The part number on the casting at the end that attaches to the block is
identified with the markings, SG7225-2 and 1981005.  The casting at the
other end, which appears to position the filter upside down in a square
carrier that bolts onto the driver side cylinder head is marked with
1981005 (could be 1981003).  The two lines run between these two
castings are a combination of flex hose and rigid lines.  I also have
the square carrier.

Are these assemblies or part numbers familiar to anyone?  Is there such
as thing as a stock or official option remote oil filter assembly?

Cheers,

Graham
B382001466