Gas Tank Sender Unit 65 Tiger

To: "TIGER Owners" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas Tank Sender Unit 65 Tiger
From: "Gary Eidson" <paradise42@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 16:42:31 -0400
My dash has undergone a major overhaul. Solid grounds, repaired wires, new
amp gauge, tach and speedo getting repaired. The last glitch is the fuel
gauge.

We took the gauge apart, checked the current flow, freed up the stuck needle
and found everything in good order. When the key is on the needle just sits
there.

To check the sending unit it looks like  I have to remove excess gas before
I start, remove the four bolts holding the tank, take off the breather pipe
and disconnect the crossover pipe.

Then I assume the top cap pops out and the sending unit can be examined to
be sure it is not gas/water logged and the wiring works.

Any other thoughts to make this easier????
Gary - Naples FL (84 sunny and a gentle breeze)