Temperature Sender Installation

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Temperature Sender Installation
From: Theodore Brown <tbrown@midcoast.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 22:52:43 -0400
Hello All:
A couple of members responded to my note about a method of mounting the
temperature sender in cars using a 4-bbl carb and manifold so I did a
little further research/memory refreshment.  According to a note in the 4th
Ed. of CAT's Shop Notes, "Late model 289's and 302's (i.e. mid 70's) have a
smog temperature sender for vacuum retard/advance in the thermostat
outlet..."  I had installed this type of thermostat housing on my Tiger
years ago and was able to find an adapter that allowed me to install the
stock temp sender in the housing.  Works fine, FWIW.  I recollect that I
bought the thermostat housing at a parts store.  They may still be
available.  I can provide a pic of my setup if anyone is interested.
Tod
B382002384LRXFE