Re: Heater Valves

To: David or Gary <wwwdg@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Heater Valves
From: Larry Paulick <lpaulick@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 08:10:18 -0400
Yep, Dave, that is the MkI valve I remember.

It always leaked, so I used a modern valve from a Honda for $11, and
positioned it in the plentum area.  See TU.  Doesn't leak, and cleans up
the engine bay.

Anyway, while at a British Car day event, there were several vendors of
British car parts.  What caught my eye was a valve similar to the MKI,
but with the inlet and outlet in a different location.  Asked the guy,
and he said he did not have a valve for the Tiger, but that this valve
could be disassembled, and the internals used in the Tiger valve.

I was going to do this, i.e. pry the fingers off the side of the valve,
use the new internals, and reposition the fingers, but did the Honda
valve instead.

Good posting Dave.

Larry