Non-Tiger Battery Question..........And the answer

To: "Tiger List \(E-mail\)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Non-Tiger Battery Question..........And the answer
From: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 22:29:04 -0700
Hello Everyone:
Thanks for the the great (and immediate) response to my question. The
list is awesome.

Jane and I (Jane drove the Blazer and I followed in the reliable car,
theTiger) drove the 35 miles from our home to the Chevy dealer. I
re-checked the Blazer battery just before we left and the charge was
100% of capacity, which it had held overnight. I had to start and shut
down the car once before we left, checked it again, and the battery
condition was still 100%.

Off Jane went in the Blazer with no A/C, radio or other items running.
About 30 miles out as we got closer to our target, Jane called on her
cell and told me that a couple of other warning lights (check engine,
etc.) had come on, telling me that battery voltage was nearing a
critical point where it wouldn't run the car's computer. We were on
surface streets by then (for the last 5 miles) and Jane reported that
shifts were getting very "jerky" (automatic transmission with computer
controlled shifting points....the voltage starting to get critical
there, too, apparently). We did make it to the service drive at the
dealership and shut it down. Sure enough, on a re-start attempt,  all we
got was that clicking noise, signifying a just about dead battery.

One thing probably contributing to the "fast" battery rundown I'm sure,
were the electiric fans (thermostatically controlled) that must have
been running a lot of the time, but whatever the reason, I don't think
we would have made it much further. But, we did make it, so the advice
from you all was accurate and resulted in a successful (if a bit nerve
wracking) trip.

Steve Sage