Re: Trademark of Sunbeam ???

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trademark of Sunbeam ???
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 17:09:15 -0700
Strange happenings.  Starting with my post on the trademark status of
the "Sunbeam" and "Tiger" from the US Gov. Pat Office, there have been
all kinds of "Replies," (Re: Trademark of Sunbeam), which are discussing
an entirely different subject,
the trademark of the "GT40".

While I have NO personal information on the subject, I do have a couple
of observations that may come in handy:

1)  When referencing a previous post (title), the content ought to
reflect the original reference.
2)  When starting a new subject, the title should be changed. A few key
strokes.

This would allow one the capability of following a conversation thread
(or not - as one's interest dictates).

I know it is easy to hit the "Reply" button, but due care should be
taken to keep the subject threads the same to diminish confusion with a
different topic.

The Ford/Bob Wood GT40 history is interesting, but hard to organize when
all the List titles are the same from different issues.

On the GT40 discussion:

Seems to me that Dave Johnson has his history straight.  It does match
the end result answer on the show car vs the production version to a "T"
:-)   , and reflects how petty some companies can be when it comes to a
few bucks for a intellectual property right.  What do you think Ford
would want, if they owned it, to sell it to a GM that lusts for it?

Let's all be polite gentleman, as I know most of the List is.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com