Voltage of positive coil lead

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Voltage of positive coil lead
From: Amberly Chamberlain <amberlychamberlain@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 00:57:17 -0700 (PDT)
Listers,

I have completed my install of a 5.0 roller and t5 transmission in my 65 tiger.
 I have been having trouble with fine tuning the motor.  What I thought was a
lean carb adjustment (slight backfire through carb under loads) seems to be
something else.  I have updated my fuel pump(97gpm Holley) and added a new
filter and SS braided fuel line from carb to pump.  Made all adjustments per
Edelbrock and even added new MSD 8.5 wires.  My distributor is a one wire HEI
for a FORD.  I believe the HEI distributor or my new BOSCH PLatinum plugs may
be the problem.

I used the positive coil lead for the old distributor setup to power the HEI.
Does this lead maintain a 12 volt current while operating?

Since those Bosch plugs have no gap adjustment can someome tell me what the
actual gap is for BOSCH?  I have look in their catalog but it doesn't say.

Car starts right up and sounds bitchin!  Just need to correct backfire so I can
lay rubber.  By the way---I have my wires in the right firing order.
Distributor is set at 12 degrees advance.

I would appreciate any of your help.

Thanks

Frank