Re: Tiger Hood height adjustment Question

To: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Tiger Hood height adjustment Question
From: sosnaenergyconsulting <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 10:03:14 -0700
I remember Dick Barker telling me that he had done a similar test years
ago and had established that at higher speeds, air was pulled back into
the engine compartment at the windshield area.  He had the LAT hood, I
think (correct me if I'm wrong, Dick).
Anyway, it seems that at low speeds, you would have hot air blowing out
(which, as Robin wrote, and as the TEAE tests seemed to prove, doesn't
really lower the temperature that much) and at high speeds, you'd  be
pulling cool air into the compartment from the back of the bonnet which
would be, in theory, helpful to lowering the intake charge temperature
and making more power.
Or, none of the above.

To paraphrase; The ways of British cars are dark, but never pleasant.
Best regards
David Sosna