Re: Origin of the Tiger name

To: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>,
Subject: Re: Origin of the Tiger name
From: 65Tiger@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 04:14:36 +0000
William Carrol published an excellent book about the development history of the
car titled
"Tiger, An Exceptional Motorcar" ISBN 910390-26-6.  Its a fun read and on page
45
from the book...quote

"At the very last moment, when public announcement plans were being
finalized, naming the car had to be approved. Accordingly, in March of
1964, after reviewing a number of suggestions including Thunderbolt, Lord
Rootes is reported to have said, "I'd like to have it called the Tiger."And, as
can be imagined, when the boss decides on the name all the best laid plans
of mice and men are laid aside in favor of discretion." end quote

The book elaborates further on the 1925 Coatalen built Sunbeam V12 Tiger

Curtis enjoying the collectors books