Re: Explorer 5.0 engine question

To: Ron Fraser <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Subject: Re: Explorer 5.0 engine question
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 11:48:12 -0700
Ron, Theo,

The "crate" engines are roller lifters, but be careful about the
distributor gear, which must have a new drive gear installed.
Additionally, there are some issues about internal debris in the oil
passages that are considered uncovered by the Factory Warranty (none)
and has destroyed a few Tiger retrofits.  Multiple head and cam choices.

In general, at least in the US, the identical engine designation, with
the roller rockers and other bits, was from "302" (CID) to "5.0" (liters).

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com