Re: 5.0 motor backfiring in carb

To: "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 5.0 motor backfiring in carb
From: "Bob Hokanson" <tgrrr@peoplepc.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 18:47:20 -0700
Help for Edelbrock tuning:

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/gilesij/Volvord/edelbrock_1.htm

----- Original Message -----
From: "Amberly Chamberlain" <amberlychamberlain@sbcglobal.net>
To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 7:19 PM
Subject: 5.0 motor backfiring in carb

> Listers,
>
> I have 94 5.0 cobra motor with rpm air gap, HEI,Holley 6.5 gpm fuel pump
and headers.  I replaced wires,adjusted valves,and readjusted my timing
12&15 degrees, but still have a problem with backfire through the carb.
Tonight I unconnected the accelerator pump on the carb and the engine ran
just fine!  What the hell?  Is my 600 edelbrock 1405 too big for my 94 5.0
HO Motor?  What should I do to adjust the carb for this excessive dump of
fuel on take off?
> Smaller primary jets?  The secondaries work fine when I build rpms.  No
delay or bogg when I engage secondaries.  Please give me some ideas as this
is the first Edelbrock I have used.  Man do I wish I had stuck with HOLLEY.