Re: trademarks adn overheating

To: Drmoonstone@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: trademarks adn overheating
From: PhastPhill@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 22:09:13 EDT
Well I better post that thanks to the info supplied I have fixed the
overheating probs I had on my car. Rad rebuilt with modern  core, Derale fan
which
was on the car, new Edelbrock water pump and new  thermostat , which I prob did
not need. I did block the area where the  horns are but have not done the
'chin" spoiler yet that steve described. Where  the hors fit through the rad
support I welded washers on the end of the horn  supports, so the horns sat
about
an inch ahead. i did this so I could  remove the washers and return to stock if
I want. I used 1/8 in thick black  plastic that i have used for snowmobile
and dirt bike bash plates to block the  horn areas. I used the ideas on line to
get ideas then played around . I had the  rad, shroud, horns , grille etc out
so easy to try stuff. I ended up  cutting the black plastic to fit from the
front of the rad support. Fastened the  blockers from the front using the extra
rad holes. On my car each side of the  rad support has 4 holes only 2 are used
to hold the rad and the bottom ones also  hold the shroud. There are 2 holes
that do nothing and I used these to bolt on  my plastic blockers. cut a slot
like steve suggested for the horn brackets, put  them and the wires through and
silicon sealed the whole thing. I also cut out  the bottom of my rad support,
it was in bad shape so while not org, i saved it.  but that whole area on my
car is damaged so I went ahead. So we did 100 miles on  a day of + 32c  and
had no overheating probs. Slow crawling or fast  high way we were good. if it
got hot on the crawling it droped fast when we got  on the highway. gotta go ,
but thanks all.....thanks Nick, i basically did what  you did.....cheers