Re: Re; Hammertone Paint

To: RMEbstein@aol.com
Subject: Re: Re; Hammertone Paint
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 13:40:55 -0700
Rodney,

Even though Hammertone is a major supplier of this material, I believe
an 800-343-9353 call to them would straighten out the confusion.  I
first used Hammertone in the 1950's to refinish some War Surplus radio
gear for Amateur Radio use, and it was very common. Sort of a gray,
metallic, smooth finish that could be made smooth, or "crinkled" for
taste.  Sometimes black crinkle was used. None of these last two on
Tigers, although some Aluminum "TIGER" Valve covers may.

Look at:

http://www.eastwoodco.com/
<http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/search/searchresultsmain.jsp?fresh=1&searchType=advanced&iMainCat=0&iSubCat=0&attribute14=0&attribute15=0&attribute16=0&RS=1&keyword=Hammertone>

and do a "Search" for Hammertone.  This aluminized paint comes in all
sorts of different color bases, and samples are shown behind every one
of the 9 choices.  The colored ones are not the original finish.  The
"Hotcoat Powder Silver":
<http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/search/searchresultsmain.jsp?fresh=1&searchType=advanced&iMainCat=0&iSubCat=0&attribute14=0&attribute15=0&attribute16=0&RS=1&keyword=Hammertone>

http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=51&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=Hammertone

<http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=51&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=Hammertone>

and the Hammerite Paint Silver Gray 12 oz Aerosol:

http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=160&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=Hammertone

<http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=160&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=Hammertone>

Steve

Steve Laifman