Jim Lowrie

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Jim Lowrie
From: "Tim Jordan" <tjordan@wagnerprocess.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:08:54 -0700
I met Jim at Norm's Tiger shop "Rootes Group Depot" about 9 years ago.   He
was doing some wrenching for Norm and it was entertaining to hang at the
"Depot" and listen to the banter between them.   Jim would quietly go about
his work, while Norm, (editing his latest Tiger Press), would yell at him
"what are you doing"!   It was very evident that Norm had a soft spot for
"Jimmy".   Jim supported the Sunbeam marque both within the club structure
and outside of the "official" restraints.   He deferred any recognition.

Jim's quiet charm grew on me and over the past few years I'd see him fairly
regularly around town.   He would have his coffee at the "Donut King" on
weekends and I'd sit for a chat.  Mostly, I would talk and Jim would listen.
I'd get a chuckle when seeing him driving his two-tone GMC "JIMMY".   Once
in a while he would visit The Depot to see Bill and Norm.

Jim will not be forgotten by me.  When I see a GMC Jimmy or a Sunbeam, visit
the "Rootes Group Depot", his home, the hardware store, donut shop,
deli....all the places I'd see him...I'll have good thoughts about Jim
Lowrie.

Hell, a couple years ago I helped him remove some tree stumps at his home
and enjoyed every minute.   How many "friends" would garner the same?

tj